Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Maths Problem!

''Argh!!!!''I shouted out in distress. I met with a challenging maths question which had me thinking for almost half an hour! I did all the questions in the assessment book without even breaking a sweat , but this particular maths question stopped me in my track of the maths solving question spree so I could have more time for watching TV.

I racked up my brains , trying to think of the solution to the question. I tried means and ways to try to solve the maths question but to no avail even to the extent of looking at the answer and trying to work backwards. Due to the intense stress caused by that stupid maths question , I felt droplets of sweat rolling down my forehead to my cheeks.

After a period of time , I was already sweating profusely still unable to solve the question! The answer I got and the answer I saw at the answer sheet did not work out , the answers were actually totally different. I decided to take the easy way out of this dilenma , which is just simply asking my elder brother (expert at maths) to help me solve the question.

My brother started working on the question..... "Ummm.... I think this question has an error.You see , the length of triangle should actually be 6 cm to tally with the answer but in the book it writes 9 cm. The publisher probably typed wrongly."

I was dazed by his answer to my dilenma ,  he actually said the question had an error and I was actually dumb enough not to realise the error in the question and I even wasted half an hour on solving a question which cannot be solved!

Through this experience , I learnt that whenever you meet with a maths question that you can't solve , don't waste your time on it just skip it . The question might just turn out also to have an error!


No comments:

Post a Comment